This word of the day calendar bundle from SOL Train Learning is a vocabulary tool that every teacher should have in his or her arsenal. So much more than a calendar, or word of the day resource, this product provides numerous teaching opportunities for you and your kiddos. We have provided a teacher guide for your circle/calendar time, as well as a teacher guide for our word of the day student calendars. These calendars provide you with writing ideas, pattern practice, vocabulary development, grammar opportunities, age-appropriate definitions, and seasonally appropriate words for supplemental lessons. These calendars are also editable if you want to change the words.
“These word of the day calendars have helped to improve our students’ writing as well as their vocabulary development! It has been said that these calendars are great for ELL students!”
- August: Staying Cool, Bugs, Farm, Scientist, Back to School.
- September: Back to School Behavior, Weather, Reading Vocabulary, Math Vocabulary
- October: Fall, Columbus Day, Map Skills, Pumpkin Cycle, Five Senses and Halloween
- November: Election, Thanksgiving Past, Thanksgiving Present, Veterans Day, Forces and Motion
- December: Hanukkah, Saint Lucia, Las Posadas, Christmas, Kwanzaa
- January: New Years Resolution, Winter Weather, Arctic, Martin Luther King Jr.
- February: Groundhog Day, Storms, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln
- March: Reading/Story Elements, St.Patrick’s Day, Spring like a Lamb, Spring like a Lion, Spring Animals
- April: April Fool’s, April Showers, Earth Day, Easter, Trees
- May: Cinco de Mayo, Plant Needs, Plant Parts, Mother’s Day, Life Cycles of Frogs and Butterflies and Memorial Day.
- June: American Symbols, Graduation, Father’s Day, Summer, and Animal Movement
- July: Independence Day Camping, Outdoor Fun, Ocean Life, and Real and Make-Believe
- Calendar pieces that are editable
- BW Student Calendar
- Calendar Time Teacher Guide
- Student Calendar Teacher Guide
- Definitions sheet
- Daily Calendar sheets for notebooks
Total Pages: N/A
Answer Key: Included
Teaching Duration: N/A
Grade Levels: PreK, Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, Homeschool
File Type: This Bundle may contain a variety of file types
File Size: 8mb
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Join our Literacy Station FB group for great teacher ideas!